in "ALMA" pre- military academy for female leadership is that young women from the socio-economic and geographic periphery will contribute to the State of Israel through significant military service and be empowered while doing it; to become leaders in their communities, take meaningful actions in all aspects of their life, and will be inspired to fulfill their full potential.
Our goal is to provide a platform for young women to explore and solidify their Individual identities. Participants will receive tools for developing leadership skills through experiential learning and will be exposed to Israel’s diversity.
Step 1- 6 month Pre-military Educational Program (Mechina) located in the town of Ofakim in the Negev.
Step 2- Full military service (in cooperation with the IDF’s Human Resources Department)
Step 3- A month and a half long Post military program
A few building blocks for the Mechina’s educational program (in Step 1):
- Peer leadership – with the support and guidance of the educational staff, participants create a group identity and become a self-sufficient unit
- Individual Empowerment – each participate is matched with a mentor who will provide support and guidance and serve as a personal example and role model
- Preparation for a meaningful army service – meetings with high ranking officers in the IDF, physical training and preparation for the challenges specific to women in the army
- Workshops and lectures- development of self-directed learning skills, exposure to a myriad of new topics, and learning inspired by social values with a variety of educators.
- Field trips and excursion- participants are exposed to the vast landscapes, people and social initiatives that can be found in Israel
- Volunteering and group projects – participants volunteer in various projects in Ofakim and around the country.
As a natural result of participating in Mechinat Alma, alumni join the army with the skills needed for a meaningful service. In turn, the army will serve as a spring board for a successful entry into adulthood in civil society. These young women will enter civilian life as leaders and serve as a role model for their communities and return as we build Alma together.
For more information, contact us via email:
or facebook: מכינת עלמה למנהיגות נשית.